Why should I visit Gardiner, Montana?
Gardiner, Montana is Yellowstone's only year-round entrance for vehicles, making it a popular winter destination for park visitors. Located at the southern edge of Paradise Valley and right along the Yellowstone River, Gardiner offers a lot to see and do.
Where is Gardiner?
Gardiner is located right outside of Yellowstone's North Entrance. It is Mammoth Hot Springs nearest neighbor. It is about an hour south of Livingston, Montana.
What sort of Services and Amenities are available?
Gardiner offers a number of motels and a couple campgrounds. Other services include a small airport, grocery store, souvenir shops, and art galleries. You'll find a small variety of restaurants as well.
What can I see and do in Gardiner?
- Scenic Drive through Paradise Valley: The drive north of Gardiner is one of the most scenic around.
- Chico Hot Springs: Just north of Gardiner in the heart of Paradise Valley, take a day or two to soak in Chico Hot Springs. There is a hotel and fantastic restaurant on site.
- Yellowstone River: The Yellowstone River runs right through Gardiner and offers superb fly fishing as well as rafting.
- Hiking: Surrounded by the Absaroka Mountain Range and Yellowstone, Gardiner has many options for hiking trails.
- Mammoth Hot Springs Area: Step over the border into the park and discover a number of interesting sites at Mammoth Hot Springs. Other than the primary focus of the terraces, discover Fort Yellowstone, the Boiling River soaking area, and a number of hiking and cross country ski trails.