The Montana gateway communities offer incredible scenery, with the natural beauty of the forested backcountry surrounding. Before entering or upon leaving Yellowstone National Park, you should explore and enjoy!
- Big Sky: scenic vistas abound.
- Bozeman: outdoor activities, fabulous museums and quaint shops.
- Cooke City: laid back atmosphere and fresh mountain air.
- Ennis: old-fashioned boardwalks and nearby, the ghost town of Virginia City.
- Gardiner: the only year-round open entrance into the Park.
- Livingston: breathtaking mountains and rivers.
- Red Lodge: an excellent vacation home base.
- West Yellowstone: scenic waterfalls and bubbling hot springs.
The Wyoming gateway communities provide history and a taste of the Old West in its true-to-life form.
- Cody: a famous landmark for the Old West, named after Buffalo Bill.
- Dubois: surrounded by mountains and on the shore of the Wind River.
- East Yellowstone: reenacted gunfights and a cowboy rodeo.
- Jackson Hole: nightlife, summer hiking and fishing, winter skiing and snowboarding.
The one gateway community in Idaho shows you a land with miles of forests and plenty of adventure.
- Island Park: wooded hills and valleys for horseback riding and fun.