Why should I visit Livingston Montana?
Nestled beneath three mountain ranges, the Crazys, Absarokas and Bridgers, Livingston is located in its own picturesque valley. Downtown is lined with art galleries, unique shops, and a variety of restaurants. Just 55 miles north of Yellowstone's North Entrance, it is a primary gateway community for visiting the park.
Where is Livingston Montana?
Livingston is located north of Gardiner and Yellowstone's North Entrance by about 55 miles, sitting at the northern end of Paradise Valley. It is 28 miles east of Bozeman. The closest airport is located at Gallatin Field in Bozeman.
What sort of amenities and services are available in Livingston?
You'll find pretty much any big city amenity in Livingston. And if you can't find it in Livingston, you'll find it in nearby Bozeman Montana. There are a number of places to stay, including hotels and motels. A variety of restaurants are mostly located right in downtown Livingston and a bunch of shops offer great souvenirs and unique gifts.
What can I see and do in Livingston?
- Yellowstone River: The section of the Yellowstone that flows between Gardiner and Livingston is famous for fly fishing, either from a drift boat or from the banks.
- Chico Hot Springs: Just south of Livingston in the heart of Paradise Valley, Chico Hot Springs is a historic hotel built around a large developed pool. You can stay the night or just purchase a day pass. Don't miss a meal in their popular restaurant or live music at the saloon.
- Depot Center: Stop by the Livingston Depot Center for a complete history of the area and an extensive exhibit on the history of the Northern Pacific Railroad.
- Hiking: Surrounded by three mountain ranges, hiking trails are endless. Head to Pine Creek Falls (1 mile south of Pine Creek on East River Road) for a shorter hike or try a full day hike to Passage Falls (34 miles south of town, head east on Mill Creek Rd and then 13 miles out East River Road).
- Entertainment: Two theatrical groups, the Center for the Arts and the Blue Slipper Theatre, provide quite a bit of entertainment for locals and visitors.