Where can I go backcountry skiing in Yellowstone?
- Mammoth Hot Springs Area: Just off of the Upper Terrace Cross Country Ski Loop you can access the Snow Path Trail, offering a small variety of backcountry skiing routes.
- Telemark Meadows: Off of US 191, just north of West Yellowstone you'll find the gentle slopes of Telemark Meadows. Download a map for other nearby skiing opportunities.
- Road to Jardine: From Gardiner, Montana take the road out to Jardine for a number of great backcountry skiing opportunities.
- Old Faithful: Stop by the Bear Den and ask a local expert for their recommendations on backcountry skiing near Old Faithful (the area is only accessible via snowmobile or snowcoach tours).
- Northeast Yellowstone and Cooke City: The steep canyon walls that shade Silver Gate and Cooke City were meant for expert winter skiers and mountaineers. Go with a guide to make the most out of your trip.