- Madison Campground is in a beautiful wooded spot along the river
- Make reservations by calling 866-439-7375 or Book Online
- Open from April 28 to October 5
- Camping fees are $24.25 per night
- Fish in the Madison River
- Drive to visit the nearby geyser basins
Madison Campground Yellowstone National Park is not far from the Old Faithful area and in a wooded spot along the Madison River. Open from early May to mid-October, Madison is a popular pick for a vacation camping spot.
Madison Campground Yellowstone National Park is located 14 miles east of the West Entrance and 16 miles north of Old Faithful.
GPS: 44.645417, -110.861450
You will need to make reservations to stay at Yellowstone’s Madison Campground. Simply call 307-344-7311 or the toll free number: 866-GEYSERLAND (439-7375). Or Book Online.
Specifics for 2017
- Open from April 28 to October 5, 2017
- Camping fee: $24.25 per night
- # Of Sites: 250
- Elevation is 6,800 feet
- Flush Toilet Facilities
- Showers: about 13 miles away in either Old Faithful area or West Yellowstone
- No Laundry nearby
- Generators Permitted (8 am to 8 pm)
- RV sites available (call for availability)
- Sanitary Dump Station
Nearby Activities & Attractions
Madison Campground in Yellowstone is a central location to a lot of activities and sights. Fishing along the Madison River is a favorite pastime for visitors here. Not far away is the Firehole Canyon Drive, where you can stop and see the Firehole Falls.
It’s only a short drive to Lower Geyser Basin and the Fountain Paint Pots. Drive a little further south and you’ll be at Old Faithful. From mid-June to early September, evening Ranger programs are held, fascinating for all ages.