The Yellowstone Association Institute offers field courses for visitors throughout the year. Take everything from wilderness medicine courses to in-depth studies of Yellowstone's wolves. There is truly something for everyone and the Institute's courses are a great way to learn about the area.
What is the Yellowstone Association?
The Yellowstone Association is a non-profit organization that funds and provides educational products and services (the Institute) for Yellowstone National Park. The Association has an online bookstore with books, videos, posters, and games. The Institute has a huge catalog of courses available to park visitors. You can also become a Yellowstone Association member.
Where is the Institute located?
The Yellowstone Association Institute is located about 29 miles southwest of the Northeast Entrance to Yellowstone. Learning programs are held at one of the park hotels. Field seminars are either at one of the park hotels or at Lamar Valley Buffalo Ranch. Backcountry courses are held in wilderness areas in and around Yellowstone Park.
When are Yellowstone Association Institute classes and courses offered?
The Yellowstone Association Institute is open all year. View the Course Calendar here.
What types of courses does the Yellowstone Association Institute offer?
There are five kinds of educational programs offered by the Institute:
- Wildlife: Wildlife biologists lead tours from Mammoth Hot Springs to help visitors come to a better understanding of the wildlife here.
- Field Seminars: Courses on all manner of subjects like nature writing or wolf biology are offered and taught by field biologists and college professors.
- Lodging and Learning Programs: Here you get a learning program that is a mix of recreation and education, taught by naturalists and guides familiar with the park.
- Backcountry Programs: Get a genuine wilderness experience by professional outdoor leaders.
- Group Programs: Take part in a day or overnight group program with the Institute.
and Travel Updates
- Park Highlights
- Hours & Seasons
- Park Maps
- Fees & Permits
- Visitor Centers
- Park Lodging
- Park Campgrounds
- Ranger Programs
- Junior Ranger Programs
- Services and Facilities
- Rules & Regulations
- Stock Use
- Winter Services
- Yellowstone Association
- Yellowstone Institute
- Yellowstone Park Foundation
- Events Calendar