- No reservations are necessary for Mammoth Campground
- Open all year long
- Camping fee is only $20 per night
- A scenic drive around Mammoth Hot Springs Terraces will be a unique experience
- Be sure to stop by Albright Visitor Center
- Tour Fort Yellowstone to step back into the past
Mammoth Hot Springs camping is great the year round. Located at a popular part of Yellowstone National Park, it is in close proximity to a number of beautiful geothermal features and plenty of outdoor recreation.
Mammoth Hot Springs Campground is located near the Mammoth Hot Springs Terraces and is five miles from Yellowstone’s North Entrance.
GPS: 44.97311261018417, -110.69343566894531
No reservations are necessary. This campground is first-come, first-served.
Specifics for 2014
- Open all year
- Camping fee is $20 per night
- # Of Sites: 85
- At an elevation of 6,200 feet
- Flush Toilet Facilities
- No Showers or Laundry nearby (showers will be found in the Mammoth Hot Springs area)
- Generators Permitted (8 am to 8 pm)
- RV sites available
- No dump station (closest is five miles north in Gardiner, Montana)
Nearby Activities & Attractions
Summer activities include fishing along the Madison River, hiking the nearby trails and evening Ranger programs from mid-June to early September.
A general store, restaurant and gift shop can be found in Mammoth Hot Springs. Albright Visitor Center in Mammoth is open all year.
Mammoth Hot Springs offers many attractions, from the spilling waters of the Mammoth Hot Springs Terraces to the scenic drive around the Upper Terrace Drive, and you’ll enjoy them all. Be sure not to miss a tour of historic Fort Yellowstone.
Share Your Thoughts
- RV Parks
- RV Rentals & Service
- Nearby Campgrounds
- Backcountry Camping
- Bridge Bay
- Fishing Bridge
- Grant Village
- Indian Creek
- Lewis Lake
- Pebble Creek
- Slough Creek
- Tower Falls
- Hotel & Cabins
- Mammoth Campground
- Yellowstone's North Entrance
- Visitor's Center
- Mammoth Hot Springs Accessibility
- Springs FAQs
- 45th Parallel Bridge
- Boiling River
- Mammoth Hot Springs
- Minerva Terraces
- Gardner River
- Undine Falls
- Indian Creek Campground
- Mammoth Day Hikes
Sign Up for Specials & Travel Updates
Your email is safe with us.