Yellowstone Gateway Communities
With an estimate of 3 million people coming to Yellowstone National Park each year, we are lucky to have thirteen gateway towns providing lodging, dining and other activities for all visitors, giving them the opportunity to stay awhile. Take some time to look around and see what you're missing outside the Park’s boundaries!
The Montana gateway communities offer incredible scenery, with the natural beauty of the forested backcountry surrounding. Before entering or upon leaving Yellowstone National Park, you should explore and enjoy!
- Big Sky: scenic vistas abound.
- Bozeman: outdoor activities, fabulous museums and quaint shops.
- Cooke City: laid back atmosphere and fresh mountain air.
- Ennis: old-fashioned boardwalks and nearby, the ghost town of Virginia City.
- Gardiner: the only year-round open entrance into the Park.
- Livingston: breathtaking mountains and rivers.
- Red Lodge: an excellent vacation home base.
- West Yellowstone: scenic waterfalls and bubbling hot springs.
The Wyoming gateway communities provide history and a taste of the Old West in its true-to-life form.
- Cody: a famous landmark for the Old West, named after Buffalo Bill.
- Dubois: surrounded by mountains and on the shore of the Wind River.
- East Yellowstone: reenacted gunfights and a cowboy rodeo.
- Jackson Hole: nightlife, summer hiking and fishing, winter skiing and snowboarding.
The one gateway community in Idaho shows you a land with miles of forests and plenty of adventure.
- Island Park: wooded hills and valleys for horseback riding and fun.
Share Your Thoughts
- West Yellowstone, MT
- Jackson Hole, WY
- Cody, WY
- East Yellowstone, WY
- Bozeman, MT
- Big Sky, MT
- Gardiner, MT
- Cooke City, MT
- Livingston, MT
- Red Lodge, MT
- Ennis, MT
- Island Park, ID
- Dubois, WY
- $563Cody Family Adventure
- $1381Jackson Hole Summer Adventurer
- $689Big Sky Family Adventure
- $1025The Best of Big Sky Country
- $950Glamping in West Yellowstone
Packages view all
Sign Up for Specials & Travel Updates
Your email is safe with us.